Skip to main content

Going to North Carolina

Me at Cape Fear Museum 
Fireworks on the
beach
(Ella's first firework show!)



Getting ready to leave, mom got a good photo
of the ocean wave
 On July 1st- 5th my family and I went on vacation to Wilmington, North Carolina to go to the beach. We left Sunday, July 1, 2012. It was an 18-20 HOUR drive it was suuuuuper long. And the funny part was my dad wouldn't let my mom drive until the ride home :p. So my dad was the only one that drove to Wilmington. And we stopped at a lot of gas station's, we had a lot of snacks and for dinner that night we went to Arby's. That was delicious. We also slept a whole lot! That part was fun cause we basically got to sleep whenever we were tired.
  When we got to our destination it was only 9 a.m., but felt later There are 8 beaches in North Carolina, Our first stop was Wrightsville Beach. Intermediately I started grabbing every shell on the beach. I was so excited and plus it was my first time to be on a real beach, well I'm not saying that I haven't been on a fake beach:) We also went down to the ocean for a little while. After an hour on the beach we went to the hotel to unpack and have lunch. We took showers and a nap. When we woke up we went to walk around on our adventure. We went to Nick's Diner for dinner, and I'll tell ya, it was delicious. After anther short walk we headed back to the hotel. We were really tired so we went to bed. We were talking about how we could get more shells and mom said we should get up early. So the next day the first thing we did was go to Carolina Beach, but Wrightsville beach had more shells. After we went to the beach we went shopping to get some souvenirs.All us kids got to spend 10 bucks. I got a starfish necklace and 2 postcards. 1 for my scrapbook and 1 well... just for fun. Cayde got weird glasses, a  fidget and a boomerang. Declyn got a pirate sword and hat. After we went shopping we headed over to the Cotton Exchange to look around and see what there was in case we wanted to come back. For lunch we went to a place behind the Cotton Exchange called Paddy's Hollow.We heard some news that there were going to be fireworks on the beach so we walked around some more to kill some time. Then the best part of vacation was finally here we got to see FIREWORKS ON  BEACH! It was AMAZING! On the third day, we got up early again and headed straight to Carolina Beach again... just for a while, came back to the hotel and took a SHORT nap. Well that short nap turned into a late nap, so after nap it was already time for dinner. We went to my favorite restaurant in North Carolina: Nick's Diner again. And again, it was delicious! Since daddy wanted to go to a surf shop the entire vacation we gave him his wish because, he work very hard. On the last day we went to Wrightsville Beach one last time to enjoy the ocean and get as many shells as we could in 1 hour. Then went to Fort Fisher Aquarium. We got 2 more souvenirs and look at a billion  fish. And a rare alligator, it was white and had pinkish eyes! After that we were on our way home :(. But the upside is we might go back next year! It was the best vacation ever! Even though the only other vacation was to Tulsa,Ok.

Comments

  1. Good retelling of the story, Edyn. You took me back there so wellin my imagination, that I got a bit teary-eyed to think we were no longer there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Laughs Without Fear of the Future"

"God has placed the best things in life on the other side of fear." (Will Smith) Man. What a summer. This summer I got to go on my first mission trip. And I just want to share a little testimony about my experience. I am a very shy person. Very. Shy. I tend to be the one, kind of sitting off to the side, avoiding conversation and...socialness. (Hello, social anxiety.) I don't like being outside of my comfort zone. I love my comfort zone; it's comfortable. That being said...I certainly did not want to go on this trip. It was wayyyy out of my comfort zone. Now, my youth leader has been wanting me to go for the past two years and I knew she was super excited because this year I was finally eligible. "You are going." She would tell me everytime it was brought up. We started having our meetings on Wednesday nights. I was at every one, (Well, except for one but I didn't have a choice.) Three weeks until we leave we started having meetings on Sunday a

Seriously This Time?: Short Update

So... Lots of exciting things are happening in my life at the moment. I'm really going to try and continue to blog, even if it is about nothing in particular. I'll try and go in order here: I am in month two of an 18-month orthodontic treatment. You may have heard of it? It's called braces. UUUUGGGHHH. It's not that bad. I knew that there was gong to be a list of things I couldn't have but I didn't realize how long. That part stinks. Then there's also the pain. Which isn't bad at all. Usually it's after they've tightened/readjusted something. About a month or two ago, we went to our local (if a 2 hour drive is considered local 😂) Cackle Hatchery and bot dozens of chickens. No, that is not an exaggeration. And two ducks. Our little A Gra Mo Chroi farm is growing! I have started a YouTube channel. It is called Return to Edyn. So far, I have all but one video posted but I have a looong queue. And one in editing. :) Go check it out here . Ther

The Wonderful Eye

See this optic nerve is thick as a rope but my right one looks like  a string! I was born with my right eye blind. So I can only see out of my left eye. And now I can see a little bit out of my right eye. So I am going to tell you guys the story about My Wonderful Eye.   Mom told me that when I was 2 years old  we went to the doctor and they said I have what's called a lazy eye. So they told my dad to  patch my good eye!  It was like turning the lights out, so I feel asleep alot. So then my dad  didn't do it more than a couple times.   Then  when I was 4, my mom took me to the eye doctor again and they took pictures of my  optic nerve and discovered the one on the right was almost nothing. That's when they  knew that I have Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, where the nerve that connects the eye to the brain doesn't develop. I don't know what happened next so my mom is going to fill in some gaps: When I took Edyn to the eye doctor that day, we knew that she didn'