Skip to main content

The Wonderful Eye

See this optic nerve is thick as a rope
but my right one looks like  a string!


I was born with my right eye blind. So I can only see out of my left eye. And now I can see a little bit out of my right eye. So I am going to tell you guys the story about My Wonderful Eye.
  Mom told me that when I was 2 years old  we went to the doctor and they said I have what's called a lazy eye. So they told my dad to  patch my good eye!  It was like turning the lights out, so I feel asleep alot. So then my dad  didn't do it more than a couple times. 
 Then  when I was 4, my mom took me to the eye doctor again and they took pictures of my  optic nerve and discovered the one on the right was almost nothing. That's when they  knew that I have Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, where the nerve that connects the eye to the brain doesn't develop. I don't know what happened next so my mom is going to fill in some gaps:

When I took Edyn to the eye doctor that day, we knew that she didn't have a lazy eye. What we never could have expected was to find out that her condition was congenital, and that there was no cure and no operation to fix it. It was like getting punched in the stomach. I remember calling her dad at work and explaining what the doctor said and we cried together on the phone. It was devestating, and we were sad for several days. But the next phone call I made was to my mom, Edyn's Grenna, and she said what I knew to be true, that just because the world didn't know how to fix her eye, didn't mean she had to live with it. My mom began praying immediately for healing and so did I. It has taken some growing in our faith, but in the past couple of years, both my husband and I have been living and walking in faith more and more. So, as Edyn's spiritual journey has progressed, I knew it was time to explain to her what it meant to truly have faith in God's Word and His perfect plan for us. That was about three months ago, and since then she has been trying to confess God's Word over her eye. She can tell you the rest.

My dad showed us a video of Christopher Duffley and he is autistic and blind, but in the video he was singing a beautiful worship song called "Open the Eyes of my Heart."  This really touched my heart because he was completely blind and was facing lots of challenges, but he was full of joy!   I thought he was so sweet cause I don't know any other blind kids. And  I almost wanted to cry because it touched my heart so much.

  When I was little I didn't really care much about my eye because  I didn't know what was going on but as I started to get older I realized what was going on and I was more concerned. Then 3 months ago my mom said every time I think about my eyes I say " I am healed in Jesus name."
 Then  two days ago I realized that I can see out of the corner of my eye. Before that I could only tell if there was a light on. I told everyone in the house 'cause I was so excited! And everyone was just excited as I was.   We have  believed  that God's word is true and never fails! And we command our bodies to line up with God's word! I guess my eye finally decided to obey!   

Comments

  1. Edyn, what an awesome testimony-and so beautifully expressed! The day is coming when you will have perfect vision in that eye, praise God!
    Love, Grenna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Praise the LORD!!! I agree with "Grenna" - that IS and AWESOME testimony. I'm also in agreement with you that You ARE HEALED and your eye is completely lining up with that truth - in Jesus' Name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Laughs Without Fear of the Future"

"God has placed the best things in life on the other side of fear." (Will Smith) Man. What a summer. This summer I got to go on my first mission trip. And I just want to share a little testimony about my experience. I am a very shy person. Very. Shy. I tend to be the one, kind of sitting off to the side, avoiding conversation and...socialness. (Hello, social anxiety.) I don't like being outside of my comfort zone. I love my comfort zone; it's comfortable. That being said...I certainly did not want to go on this trip. It was wayyyy out of my comfort zone. Now, my youth leader has been wanting me to go for the past two years and I knew she was super excited because this year I was finally eligible. "You are going." She would tell me everytime it was brought up. We started having our meetings on Wednesday nights. I was at every one, (Well, except for one but I didn't have a choice.) Three weeks until we leave we started having meetings on Sunday a

Seriously This Time?: Short Update

So... Lots of exciting things are happening in my life at the moment. I'm really going to try and continue to blog, even if it is about nothing in particular. I'll try and go in order here: I am in month two of an 18-month orthodontic treatment. You may have heard of it? It's called braces. UUUUGGGHHH. It's not that bad. I knew that there was gong to be a list of things I couldn't have but I didn't realize how long. That part stinks. Then there's also the pain. Which isn't bad at all. Usually it's after they've tightened/readjusted something. About a month or two ago, we went to our local (if a 2 hour drive is considered local 😂) Cackle Hatchery and bot dozens of chickens. No, that is not an exaggeration. And two ducks. Our little A Gra Mo Chroi farm is growing! I have started a YouTube channel. It is called Return to Edyn. So far, I have all but one video posted but I have a looong queue. And one in editing. :) Go check it out here . Ther

My Life (Updated)

In four months, I will be turning 13. I loooooooooooooove Agent Carter and Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter actress.) I love anything to do with Marvel. In fact for Christmas this year is like posters, comic books, Marvel clothing, movies, etc. I would love (!!!!!) to get a Twitter account so I can follow my role model. Jesus is my role model, without a doubt, the one that I'm using about though is Hayley Atwell. I have been a Christian for five years. I go to Valley Harvest Ministries in Sunday's and on Wednesday I go to one of the best churches I've ever been to. The first teacher I had there was named, Mrs. Heather. She's one of the best teachers ever. This summer I've moved up and now I'm in youth group with great teachers, Mr. Scott and Mrs. Lori (you can read her blog here ) Griffith. They are great! I am still homeschooled. I have been for.. 3 school years. I DO NOT always enjoy it but there are many upsides. I want to be an author and a costume designer